It’s that time of year again. The “Cold and Flu” Season. Did you know it’s not germs that make you sick, it’s the weakness of your immune system? Germs are all around us, all the time. It’s only when your immune system is run down, that you have a higher likelihood of ‘catching something’. When your immune system is strong, you can easily fight off whatever comes your way.
Here are 5 tips that, when done regularly, will help you strengthen your immune system:
1. Decrease your stress. Light exercise, watching a funny movie, relaxing with friends, even spending time with your pet can decrease your stress levels.
2. Get adjusted. Chiropractic helps strengthen your immune system
3. Sleep! Sleeping 7-9 hours a night helps increase your body’s white blood cells.
4. Replace sugar with honey. White sugar taxes your immune system, leaving it weaker and unable to fight for you. Honey is an anti-microbial, anti-bacterial and boosts your immune system.
5. Eat well. Winter is the time for comfort food which isn’t always nutrient dense. Make food decisions wisely and include as many fruits and vegetables as you can.
Most of these are common sense but it’s always good to be reminded of them!
Image Credit: David Castillo Dominici/freedigitalphotos.net